Foundation Cookery Course (series of three classes)
Veggie class: your kids will never complain that veggies are boring again!
- Master your knife skills (chop, cut, slice), learn some easy skills to keep your knives sharp
- Learn about different cooking methods: steam, braise, fry, boil
- On the menu broccoli with almonds, aubergine in polenta with lime and mint sauce, cauliflower cous-cous, pickled carrots, caramelised beetroot, roasted celeriac root, green beans with olive oil and garlic, potato gratin, etc.
Fish class: all about fish and other sea monsters
- Learn about different fish types and how to decide which ones to choose for which dish
- Master fish cooking techniques: fry, marinade, bake, smoke
- Forget your Angst of seafood: with easy to prepare squid
- On the menu (subject to availability): smoked mackerel pate, salt and pepper squid, salmon in marinaded in soy sauce on a bed of samphire grass, whole baked trout, fish stock
Meat class: it does not always have to be a fillet steak:)
- Get an introduction to different meat cuts and learn what to pay attention to when choosing meat
- Understand why some less expensive ‘off-cuts’ can be used to prepare a delicious dinner
- Check out the tricks chefs use to prepare their amazing sauces
- On the menu: succulent meat balls, 2 minute beef flank, plum stuffed pork fillet with apple cider sauce, schnitzel